March 30, 2011

Birthday Eve

"A handful of doubts" by oO-Rein-Oo*
I do not want to turn 30. I never have. The number scares me and makes me want to cry. Plenty of people tell me the day will be fine, life will be fine, everything will continue on as normal, and that there really is nothing to worry about.

I don't believe you.

I want to. Don't get me wrong, I want to.

When the day dawns tomorrow, I'll try not to freak out...to much. I will try to stay calm. I'll at least have a few friends and relatives around plus a Skype date with my Parental Unit.

As the genius Mark Twain said: "Age is an issue of mind over matter.  If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."

And this beautiful little Guatemalan Proverb: "Everyone is the age of their heart."

And as Scarlett O'Hara always says "I'll think on it tomorrow" and quite literally I will.

*http://oo-rein-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/4021444#/d38xoo4

No comments:

Post a Comment