June 06, 2011

Feluccas on the Nile - 18 September 2010

Like most of my diaries, I appear to get side tracked or sick of writing them at a certain point. From this post on, I have to change the way I share my journey. Instead of pictures illustrating what I've written, the pictures will be the story, and I'll have text with them so you know what you're looking at.

We're heading for the opposite bank. Boarding a little ferry like the one on the right we start our journey for the day.


Aswan Botanical Gardens is on Kitcheners Island. Kitchener is a notorious Governer of Egypt who was less than caring with his "slaves"


There were heaps of cats on the island. We were told that they were all healthy but some of them looked terrible. This one reminded me of Mischief.






Ange & Bruno - I asked them to get their gansta on to which Bruno replied "what you think this is?"


Drew sitting on the bank of the Nile, smoking shisha with the guys piloting the fellucas. This is a couple of hours into the cruise.


Traditional farming on the banks of the Nile.


Hard, hard life.
Image via ACP


Fancy dress party on the bank of the Nile. From L-R: Bruno, Drew, John, Sean and Karl


Cat


Sean and Tambi


Tara and John - "Team Ireland"


Ange and Joel - This is the look sinister face.


The Model Shot - I clearly don't understand what's going on as Ange has the look perfectly.
Standing L-R: Me, Joel, Helen & Bruno...Sitting L-R: Teegs and Drew - Image via ACP


Dancing around the camp fire. I found the lense speed setting on my camera, and managed to set it to get a photo I really like of some ghost dancing.


Lots of drinking had occured by the time the cross dressing had started. From L-R: Karl, Bruno, Glen, Aadrian & John
After this last photo, things progressed to nude Nile swimming. Not me, I have some shame but there were some sights burned onto my retinas that amuse me still to this day. Needless to say, we all slept well that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment