March 17, 2012

10 Favourite Fictional Heroines

Image Source
The header tells you that there will be ten fictional heroines in this post. It seems that I don't read a lot of books where women are the primary leads, or are even that memorable. I think this is awful, and I will try to rectify the problem. In the meantime, here are the six that I did decide were worthy of my list.

Scarlet O'Hara
I love Scarlett. There is so much growth in her as a person throughout this book. From shallow and naive, chasing Ashley, to delivering a baby for Miss Melly, to having her own family and well, you know how it all ends.








Image Source
Eowyn. The most amazing woman in the Lord of the Rings and many other pieces of fiction. The woman who destroys the Witch King and changes the face of the battle. Who would also have been a better pairing with Aragorn, but Faramir is a good runner up I guess.






Image Source
Lucy Farinelli. Smart. Strong. Rich. Brilliant. Everything I would be if I were going to be a fictional character.



















Image Source
Theodosia Browning. A single woman who runs the Indigo Tea Shop in Charleston, USA. She is another character who I would love to be. Perphas minus the almost getting murdered in every book. If I could have the tea shop, the food, the friends and the location, I'd be happy.
















Image Source
Lisbeth Salandar. Another strong genius. I don't think I would like to be her, given what she goes through, but I find it amazing that a man has written such an amazing woman. Perhaps I shouldn't say it, but I think in today's market that if a woman had written this character, she would have faced a massive backlash.














Image Source
Miss Marple. What's not to love about a seemingly harmless old lady who solves murders whether she's been asked to or not.

1 comment:

  1. Phyrne (Frynee) Fisher from Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries written by Aussie writer Kerry Greenwood.

    ReplyDelete