January 05, 2013

One year. Forty Books. Looking back on 2012


One Year. Forty Books
The above image of books is in no particular order. 

My favourite books off this list are Gillespie and I by Jane Harris, The Long Earth by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter Night Waking by Sarah Moss Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte Sea of Poppies by Amitav Ghosh and The elegance of the hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
.
Notable mentions for Freezing by Clea Koff, The dinosaur feather Sissel-Jo Gazan, 
The Somnambulist by Essie Fox and The Paris Wife Paula McLain.

Biggest disappointments are The Greatcoat by Helen Dunmore, The suspicions of Mr Whicher by Kate Summerscale Alter of Bones by Philip Carter and 77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz. 

The only book I regret reading and could not recommend to anyone is Vlad: The last confession by C.C. Humphreys.

I truly enjoyed all the books I read last year. Even those I haven't mentioned above have left a positive mark on me and I have learnt a lot from all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment