August 05, 2011

Cabin Fever

 
"In Bed" by zoeelyn Image Source*
Today's post is brought to you from semi - insane bored-ville. Yes. That is a real place. I finished work, for the semester, at the end of May and haven't had much by way of income since. The recruitment agency I'm with has been completely useless and as happened last time, I've found most of the jobs I've interviewed for, and then not gotten. What a drama.


Anyway. Wednesday was a glorious and warm day so Angie and I decided to go for a walk along the locks, and through Cassiobury Park. I figured that it would also be a chance to show you all, bits and pieces of the area where I live now. Exciting isn't it. Ok. Hold on.


This used to be part of the printers that was located near the flats. When you leave our building and turn right, the first road you cross is Printers Ave. This place is pretty run down now, and it looks like people are stealing the roofing tiles.


This takes you around to the Royal Mail sorting house.


The building on the right merges into my building block. What you can see here is the front of Premier Inn. About where the first car is, is the main access door.
In the creek are soccer balls, and you might even be able to see the rubber duck.


I just liked the name.


Best way to kill tourism to the area is to have a sign saying "David Cameron visited Croxley Green..." The man is an idiot. God knows how he's managing to run a country.


This is the Grand Union Canal and the rail bridge above it.


Grand Union Canal weir.
This sign is in the middle of a field that I don't think you can see from the canal to well, or from the road. Not quite the kind of advertising I think they wanted.




Best use of a doily goes to... the people using it to cover port windows on their barge.
Summer time and the living is easy. For boys fishing. Not entirely sure I'd want to eat anything that came out of there.


Barge on the right has been painted in camouflage and skulls. The lady who lives on board was hanging her washing our and being protected by a growling little shit.


At the start of the walk into Cassiobury Park. I don't know why but this reminds me of Lothlorian.


Pretending to be Monet
This is up the opposite end of Cassiobury Park to where we came in. The water was flowing really fast over this spot.




I don't know if this canal links up to the other one.


I just liked the shape of this tree.
This pic was taken when we thought we would never get out of the park. The path just seemed to go on, and on, and on. I quite like the way the filter makes it look like we're walking through mist.


The light at the end of the tunnel so to speak.






They've been doing renovations to the Colosseum for as long as I've been coming to Watford. It's supposed to opening in about a month or so with John Barrowman doing a night. I really want to go! Hopefully I'll have been paid by then.


This is a pretty blurred picture of Watford Central Library but it's a great little resource and I don't have any problems finding something to read. Even when the librarians take my reservations to read themselves. Image Source**
This fountain and pond thing is always full of ducks. There always seems to be someone who wants to feed the pigeons that congregate around it too. Bloody flying rats. I can't help but turn into a five year old and chase the stupid things.
This is the town center on the left. Buses and the Harlequin Centre are on the right. ***Image source


* http://browse.deviantart.com/photography/?q=bed&order=9&offset=24#/d1kr7li
** http://www.ldf.watford.gov.uk/portal/caa/cc/draft?pointId=1229682479121
*** http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/116645

No comments:

Post a Comment